Thursday, September 07, 2006

Two Dogs


We've adopted a puppy, Kona! Kona's somewhere between one and two years old, and the prevailing opinion is that she's a combination of black lab and English pointer. She made eyes at us in the Reno S.P.C.A., and we were powerless. She joins our existing dog, Nada (who, I must point out, we did not name), a ten-year-old golden/chow. We were worried about relations between a puppy and a grumpy old dominant dog, but so far the two have become fast friends. Kona likes to swim, so be prepared for shots of the irresistable combination of puppy and Tahoe...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, Not sure if you will remember me. Jan Kneeland's daughter, Lori. I keep in contact with your mother mostly thru email and was fortunate enough to have lunch with her last fall. I am hoping she is feeling better. I have ordered a copy of your book and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. The funny thing is, You look the same as I remember, only with facial hair. I am thinking the last time I got to see you was around 1979??? Your sister and mother were able to come to my wedding in 1987. I wish you much success with your writing. Oh, I LOVE THE DOGS!!!! --Lori

Randy said...

Yo Chris, Randy Smith here. Congrats are in order. Hope all is well with you. Drop me a line sometime at carseller0822@sbcglobal.net

Hope to hear from you.

Randy

Randy said...

Does Whitney still like her popcorn "real buttery"? Just wondering. By the way, how is your mom?

Anonymous said...

May Bullet bless and keep him well.

Christopher Coake said...

Hi Lori--It's been a long time, but I do remember you! And as I recall it, I had a long, luxurious beard in 1979, much nicer than the one I have now--

Thanks for writing--sorry it took so long to get back to you!

And I love the dogs too.

Christopher Coake said...

Who dares speak the name of Bullet?